Mental Health First Aid (For Adults Who Interact With Youth)
Mental Health First Aid is equivalent to regular First Aid, but specifically focuses on how to intervene when mental health is in jeopardy. This course will teach adults to confidently interact about mental health with youth aged 14-25 in places like schools, families, social services, or the general community. It is ideal for individuals such as teachers, counsellors, coaches, babysitters, foster parents or family members.
This 14 hour, 2 day interactive course teaches:
- Signs and symptoms of substance use, mood, anxiety, trauma, and psychotic disorders
- How to support someone who has or is developing a mental health problem
- How to intervene in a mental health crisis including overdoses, suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, and psychosis
- Instruction about eating disorders and deliberate self-harm
- Relevant mental health supports in Edmonton
Click here for a downloadable version of the brochure.